This Policy explains the kind of personal data we might collect about you, how we’ll use the data and keep it safe
Who are we?
We are The Queen Elizabeth Hall, Oldham. We manage three events venues all based in the Oldham Area, Chadderton Town Hall and Failsworth Town Hall.
When do we collect your personal data?
- When you make an enquiry with us
- When you fill in any of our forms
- Google analytics track our website activity
- When you engage with us on social media
- If we meet you at an event and you give us your information
- When you are onsite we use CCTV
- If you deal with us via a third party, for example a venue finding agency
What sort of personal data do we collect?
- When you make an enquiry we may collect, your name, address, telephone number, business address, email, job title, requirements or disability status
- Your image on CCTV
- Website data via google analytics
- Your feedback on events you have held with us
- Your social media username if you engage with us on social media
How do we use your personal data?
- To process any events, you have with us
- To respond to feedback or enquiries
- To protect our business from fraud
- We collect CCTV images in order to detect and prevent crime
- To process payments
- With your explicit consent we will use your personal data to keep you informed of forthcoming events, discounts and promotions. You are free to opt out at any time. This is usually by email
- To comply with our contractual obligations and the law
How long do we keep your personal data?
Your personal data is kept only for as long as necessary for the purpose it was collected, or for as long as we need to comply with the law
Who do we share personal data with?
In order process and service your event we sometimes share your data with 3rd parties:
- The data is not held by them, it is held at The Queen Elizabeth Hall
- We only provide them with the data needed to perform the required. They are contractually obliged to ensure your data is protected at all times
- We do not share your data with 3rd parties for their own purpose, unless for reasons that need to be investigated by law – e.g. fraud, or to investigate a crime
What are your rights over your personal data?
You have the right to request:
- To view your data
- To correct anything that may be wrong
- To withdraw consent for marketing
- To have your data deleted as long as we do not have to uphold any contractual or legal obligations
In line with the GDPA principles, will ensure that all personal data held will:
- Be used fairly and lawfully
- Used for limited, specifically stated purposes
- Used in a way that is adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Kept for no longer than necessary
- Handled according to people’s data protection rights
- Kept safe and secure
- Not transferred outside the European Economic Area without adequate protection
To find out more
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will be enforced from 25 May 2018. To find out more information go to:-
The policy will be reviewed every 2 years to ensure it remains up to date and compliant with the law
How to contact us
Email us at: email@example.com
Write to us at: The Data Protection Officer, The Queen Elizabeth Hall, West Street, Oldham, OL1 1NL
We will action your request or let you know why we are unable to do so within 30 days